Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A must see

I just got done watching The Second Chance starring Michael W.Smith & Jeff Obafemi Carr. It is an awsome movie & I highly recommand it.

It has a foot washing scene in it that made my cry. I do not know if you believe in speaking in tongues or not (this movie does not any of that in it) but the Spirit of God moved upon me in this scene & I spoke. I know this might creep some people out by me writing about it, but this moved me & I want to blog about it.

Our church does feet washing but I feel uncomfortable in how they do it. I feel they do it for more of a routine & to say that they do it, then what it really means. I feel the way it was done in this movie, is the way God meant it to happen.

No matter what your religion is, I think you will like this film. Even though it is about a church, it does not push a certain religion on you. So if you get a chance, I recommand you watch this movie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I've never heard of that movie. Makes me want to see it. I do believe in speaking in tongues. It may creep people out, but that is just because they don't understand it or know enough about it. It is a gift from God.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

We do foot washing once a year (on Maundy Thursday I think) and it's lovely.

I'll check out the movie.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have this movie or did you rent it? If you have it, I would like to borrow it.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Melissa ~~ Sounds like a great movie to watch out for. Thanks for your comments. I do hope you were exaggerating when you said you are afraid of everything. All you can do in this life is be the best person you can be and do not be afraid. We are not alone as we have God's help always near.
Take care, Hugs, Merle.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hi there,
I came across your blog via Linda's blog..if I remember correctly :)
Can I rent this film at any store?
Or buy it at a Christian book store or something?

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home