Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thoughts of a Crazed Momma

So I listened to Peter & went back into my set up on here & made some changes. The way this blog was originally set up, it did not have a title box & I was a little confused by this, but I did not know that I could change that. Peter said I should make some changes in things & I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but he also said to type in my title in the title box instead of having it as my 1st sentence. So I decided to go & explore my settings & sure in enough there was a box where you can turn on or off a title box. The original setting must be in marked off. Trail & error is how I'm learning. Thanks again, Peter. Any more suggestions, I'm listening & trying to learn. :D

Like I said before, my Bebo page where my other blog is, is all set up for you. That is good & bad. You are very limited on what you can do on there. That's why I started this blog, so I can do more. The only problem, I have to be smarter, which that can be a big problem. Our school system is still not as advanced as some & our kids' computer training is not to great yet. So I can't expect my kids to help or know anything. I still have them beat on this. But I'm sure there will be a time they will pass me by.

__________________________________

Things have been crazy here. 1st there is the new things I'm learning about this blog.
2nd there has been the 4th of July, followed with my cousin's wedding, followed by helping my hubby on an old job of his.
He use to have his own general contracting business with a partner. He started it right after 9/11. Before that he was working in metal shops. He wanted to become a welder. The one shop he worked in, his boss didn't want him to learn. But my hubby insisted to learn anyway. Then his boss had to start giving him welding jobs, but he didn't like to. My hubby got tired of the boss mistreating him & got hired somewhere else as a welder. That shop was doing well. They made trailers for floats & big things like that. Disney hired them to make stuff, like little kit cars or bikes for their parades. Well, after 9/11 the market went down hill & the shop he was working at kept closing down. So he decided to start his own business & it was going good as far as getting work. The main problems was there is no money in this business. We lived off of nothing. He was claiming around 20,000 a year, but he wasn't even making that. Well, I'm sure you know that is impossible to live off of, especially with a family of 6. So he finally decided to go back into welding this last fall. He got hired into a nice shop, but they have no health coverage. But that's ok. I do believe God works things out & He always has for us, like surviving off of next to nothing, all these years.
What I started to say, before I got sidetracked (Sorry about that) is that he has a job he has been doing for a lady since the fall. She keeps hiring them for more work & they are stupid enough to keep taking it. Why do I say they are being stupid? Well, because they have done nothing but lose money doing work for her. I'm tired of paying for my hubby to do work on other people's houses. She has had them do so much work & she is paying them next to nothing for it. After they pay for all their material, they're lucky if there is anything left. I want this job done! I want my hubby outta there! So I have been going down there with him on weekends to help a little. His partner has been trying his darnest not to help. Of course, when all is done, the pay will be split. Which of course will not be fair in so many ways. One being that my hubby puts in more time, & two, my hubby has been taking money from our account, which is the money he makes welding, to pay for material for this job. So I'm not to thrilled of this, but I want it done & I want him out of there. Plus he doesn't have the time to be there since he works 50 or more hours at his job.

We have also been busy getting ready for a camping trip. This will be are 1st vacation. The hubby & I haven't been away since our honeymoon to Niagara Falls back in 1993. This will be the kids 1st trip.
Now that I wrote way too much, I'm out of here. If you read all this, you deserve a medal!:D
Have a good one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

You're getting there Melissa, we've all gotta start somewhere.

In settings - comments if you tick the space for, show comments in a pop-up window, it makes it better for commenters.
If you start to get spam (unwanted advertisments)
you will need to tick, Turn on word verification.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Hey, I just learned something too. I'll check.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home