Saturday, July 08, 2006


My Little Cousin is getting married!
OK, see the kid in the chair? The one with the Nike shirt on? Well, he is the one who is getting married. Don't worry, he is older now. The little kid standing next to him, blowing out the candles, is my oldest son & he is twelve now.
This is my cousin Dan. He is 22 now. Still kinda young to get married but my hubby was a month away from his 20th birthday, when we got married.
Dan is the last in our family, to get married. 1st was me. I was 21. That was back in 1993.
Then a month later my cuz Chris got married. He was only 18. What was more shocking is that his wife was a month away from her 16th birthday. Can you believe that in 1993 in the US of A a young girl's parents let her get married at the age of 15? & No, she did not have a bun in the oven. They just wanted to get married. Then at some point my oldest cuz got married. I don't know when, because he lived far away & if he had a wedding, he didn't invite us. I don't know how long they've been married. I just know that their one son is around Austin's age, which is 8. Then my bro got married next, I think. I don't remember if he got married before or after Marge, but I think he got married before. He is the oldest in the family & he got married in 2002, but he had been with my SIL since 1997, so it was about time. :D Then that leaves Marge, who I think got married around the same time as Tommy, my Bro. Marge is the 2nd youngest. Now nobody has been divorced. Tommy has 0 kids.
David has 1.
I have 4.
Chris has 3.
Marge has 2 + I count 1 more since she has a step son.
And of course , Danny has zero right now, but I hope it changes within the next 10 years.
My Grandma would be proud. I wish she was here, in person, to see this, but I know she will be watching.
I just can't believe my little cuz is getting married. He was the 1st diaper I changed!, I use to have to give him baths. I remember the day he decided he had to have privacy when taken baths & I didn't mind (I was easily embarrassed & was hoping the day would come where I didn't have to be there:D ) but was afraid to let him, because his parents never said I word to me about it. I remember how he would only eat Cheese sandwiches or peanutbutter & jelly or cheese pizza. He was the pickiest eater. I remember playing with him. Cars on his car garage, baseball with his plastic ball & bat. Watching his ninja turtles & his skating movies. Getting him his Hulk Hogan Wrestling Buddy. I think I bought him his 1st Game boy. I spoiled him like crazy. He meant a lot to me & because I started dating & was growing up too, I stopped spending time with him. When I got married I didn't have time to spend with him anymore & then I had kids of my own. I missed him but time went by fast. Before I knew it, he was a teen & no longer knew me. Or I him.
I missed the little boy. Now he is all grown & I know nothing about him.
I hope & pray he has a wonderful day & this is just the 1st of many.
I hope one day he might find his way to be my friend, but I wish him lots of love & happiness.
Congratulation Danny & Judi!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

My baby cousin is getting married today too. I am sad that I can't be there...

10:35 AM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I'm sure you sent him lots of love.

This was the 1st time we were all together in a long time. All my cousins were there but one, but his daughters were there. I told him he is on my bad list for not going, he didn't have a good excuse. The little booger.

I still can't get use to my little cousin being all grown up. Poor guy, we all kept telling him that.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home